Wow! I take a break off writing for a week and I come back and find an award waiting for me. How cool is that? Kerri, of Undiagnosed, But We Are Okay With That, nominated me for a Liebster Award, which is an award we bloggers share with each other for a job well done. So I am, of course, incredibly grateful to Kerri for shining a light on my little Live Now And Zen blog. Thank you very much!
When you are given a blogger award, there are rules you must follow. So, I’m going to follow these rules today in acceptance of this award. Then I will go back to my regularly scheduled writing.
The first part of the rules involves sharing with my readers some other bloggers whose work I admire. As a rule, I am not a great blog follower. My reason being that I have limited time each day to write and therefore I don’t devote a lot of time to reading. That being said, here are some of the folks I follow and why:
Paul Mark Sutherland of GoalHabits.com offers me daily inspiration in the form of inspirational quotes. I can’t tell you how much I love this…mainly because I am perpetually in search of inspiration but in that sort of way that I’m too lazy to look for it and hope it falls directly into my lap. Thanks to Paul, it does!
Joy at Nomadicles is another favorite. She’s an artist, designer, dog lover, athlete, and hockey fan, so there is much for me to love in her posts.
iRuniBreathe I identify with so many of the thoughts and experiences of this wonderful blogger. No. I don’t run unless I am being chased, but I am an athlete and can certainly relate to her struggles all the same. And, like her, I am also a mother, a baker, and a woman who hates to talk on her iPhone so much that I’m perpetually surprised when it rings.
Now that I’ve shared a few other bloggers with my readers, I’m supposed to write 11 unknown (or, perhaps, lesser known) things about myself. Here goes:
- I can twirl a baton, although I’m not so great at tossing it up and catching it anymore. (Need a helmet for that now.)
- My favorite yoga pose is balancing stick (tuladandasana).
- I can’t stand the flavor of wintergreen and I despise root beer.
- Although I studied French, Spanish, Italian, and Latin, I can’t speak or read a foreign language fluently.
- My favorite zoo animal is the elephant.
- I majored in Literature as an undergrad so someone would force me to read all the books I knew I should read.
- My given middle name was Veronica.
- Awards and accolades make me really uncomfortable.
- I can’t stand Valentine’s Day.
- My worst job ever was at a car rental place.
- I am the dog in this scenario.
The next part of the award is that I have to answer Kerri’s questions for me.
- If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be? I would like to be taller.
- High heels, sneakers or flip flops? Flip flops
- The Beach, the City or the Mountain? Mountain (in summer) and beach (in winter)
- Who is your favorite singer/group? Ooohhh…tough one. Not sure I can name one. Right now I’m listening to Alt-J a lot.
- If you could vacation anywhere (expense is not a consideration) where would you go and why? Thailand…exotic locale, beautiful beaches, amazing food, and the opportunity to ride an elephant.
- Do you mind that my blog is sometimes snarky? No. I’m snarky 99% of the time. I feel at home.
- What is one thing we would be surprised to know about you? I hate to speak to people I don’t know. This is why I blog.
- Favorite, guilty pleasure, TV show? Don’t watch much television, but Breaking Bad is my favorite.
- Favorite book or author? F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Do you admit to having a favorite child? No. They are both my favorite sometimes. Sometimes neither of them are.
- If you could replace your life with one from the Disney Channel which show would you pick? Never seen a show on the Disney Channel. I love all mice except Mickey. True story.
Okay. I think I’ve done my due diligence for this award. I’m not always great about accepting awards from my fellow bloggers. So, to all those who once nominated me and felt ignored when I did not accept in full compliance with the blogger award rules, please forgive me. I always appreciate the accolades. I’m just not great at accepting them.